Long Term Assistance Resources
The mission of the Haines Long Term Recovery Group is to strengthen area-wide disaster coordination in our community by sharing information, simplifying resident access to services, collaborating to resolve cases with disaster-caused recovery needs, and working to identify and expand funding available for individuals and families impacted by the December 2020 storm event.
ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY
VIDEO: Commemorative Memorial Service for December 2nd - video recording
VIDEO: Haines Strong - Remember December 2nd - video
RECOVERY EFFORTS IN THE NEWS
VIDEO: Disaster Debris Disposal
'Operation Deishu Dawn' deploys veterans to assist in December disaster response - CVN
‘It’s amazing to see it happening’: Volunteers with Team Rubicon help Haines with storm debris removal - KHNS
Haines' Recovery, Six Months Later - KINY
The Haines Long Term Recovery Groups helps residents find resources for disaster recovery - KHNS
Recovery group asks borough's help with debris disposal - CVN
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FORMS
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR NON-PROFITS
ARE YOU DISPLACED AND NEED HELP?
The Salvation Army in Haines has resources to assist households currently displaced from your primary residence. This includes:
- Rent or Mortgage Assistance
- Utility assistance: electric, heating fuel, propane
- Transportation assistance if your primary vehicle is unable to be used
- Food Assistance
- Other essential needs, based on individual household needs/ resources
HOW TO RECEIVE ASSISTANCE:
- Contact your insurance company (homeowner, renter, auto) to file claim. Request written determination letter for coverage or denial.
- Apply for State of Alaska Individual Assistance at www.ready.alaska.gov or by phone at 1-800-537-4213.
- Please call to schedule an appointment with The Salvation Army at 766-2470
Items to bring to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Current rental agreement and/or mortgage statement AND W-9 for landlord or mortgage company
- Current utility bill (if assistance needed)
- Any other documents that show damage or inability to live in pre-disaster housing
- Tuesday–Thursday (10:00 AM-4:00 PM);
- Saturday (12:00 PM-2:00 PM)
Mental Health Resources
- Disaster distress helpline
Mental and Spiritual Health resources remain available to assist residents.
SEARHC, local behavioral health service is available through routine scheduling and billing methods, including sliding scales, insurance, and cash payment.
Bartlett Outpatient Services is available also through routine scheduling and billing methods. Financial assistance is available, for more information call the clinic and you can be assisted.
For more information about the services currently offered please contact:
Lynn Canal Counseling/SEARHC Behavioral Health at 907-766-6313
Bartlett Outpatient Services at 907-796-8498
Spiritual Health assistance is provided free of charge via representatives of the Haines Ministerial Association at 907-314-2429.
Local Government Resources
- State Individual Assistance
- Facebook Page
- SOA Individual Assistance - Registration & Eligibility
Please contact Sylvia Heinz, Haines LTRG Coordinator, with any questions:
Office: (907)766-2323 x124
|SBA Private Non Profits 16872-01 AK.pdf||54.51 KB|
|Solidarity Grant Application REV 2 25.pdf||80.64 KB|
|TSA Mortgage Assistance Application (Haines) 2021.pdf||108.42 KB|
|SAILCVCF App Contact Amy.pdf||140.03 KB|
|CIA Assistance-Application.pdf||332.33 KB|