Long Term Assistance Resources
The mission of the Haines Long Term Recovery Group is to strengthen area-wide disaster coordination in our community by sharing information, simplifying resident access to services, collaborating to resolve cases with disaster-caused recovery needs, and working to identify and expand funding available for individuals and families impacted by the December 2020 storm event.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FORMS
ARE YOU DISPLACED AND NEED HELP?
The Salvation Army in Haines has resources to assist households currently displaced from your primary residence. This includes:
- Rent or Mortgage Assistance
- Utility assistance: electric, heating fuel, propane
- Transportation assistance if your primary vehicle is unable to be used
- Food Assistance
- Other essential needs, based on individual household needs/ resources
HOW TO RECEIVE ASSISTANCE:
- Contact your insurance company (homeowner, renter, auto) to file claim. Request written determination letter for coverage or denial.
- Apply for State of Alaska Individual Assistance at www.ready.alaska.gov or by phone at 1-800-537-4213.
- Please call to schedule an appointment with The Salvation Army at 766-2470
Items to bring to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Current rental agreement and/or mortgage statement AND W-9 for landlord or mortgage company
- Current utility bill (if assistance needed)
- Any other documents that show damage or inability to live in pre-disaster housing
- Tuesday–Thursday (10:00 AM-4:00 PM);
- Saturday (12:00 PM-2:00 PM)
Mental Health Resources
- Disaster distress helpline
Spiritual Health assistance is provided free of charge via representatives of the Haines Ministerial Association at 907-314-2429.