Long Term Assistance Resources
The mission of the Haines Long Term Recovery Group is to strengthen area-wide disaster coordination in our community by sharing information, simplifying resident access to services, collaborating to resolve cases with disaster-caused recovery needs, and working to identify and expand funding available for individuals and families impacted by the December 2020 storm event.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FORMS
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR NON-PROFITS
ARE YOU DISPLACED AND NEED HELP?
The Salvation Army in Haines has resources to assist households currently displaced from your primary residence. This includes:
- Rent or Mortgage Assistance
- Utility assistance: electric, heating fuel, propane
- Transportation assistance if your primary vehicle is unable to be used
- Food Assistance
- Other essential needs, based on individual household needs/ resources
HOW TO RECEIVE ASSISTANCE:
- Contact your insurance company (homeowner, renter, auto) to file claim. Request written determination letter for coverage or denial.
- Apply for State of Alaska Individual Assistance at www.ready.alaska.gov or by phone at 1-800-537-4213.
- Please call to schedule an appointment with The Salvation Army at 766-2470
Items to bring to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Current rental agreement and/or mortgage statement AND W-9 for landlord or mortgage company
- Current utility bill (if assistance needed)
- Any other documents that show damage or inability to live in pre-disaster housing
- Tuesday–Thursday (10:00 AM-4:00 PM);
- Saturday (12:00 PM-2:00 PM)
Mental Health Resources
- Disaster distress helpline
Spiritual Health assistance is provided free of charge via representatives of the Haines Ministerial Association at 907-314-2429.
Local Government Resources
- State Individual Assistance
- Facebook Page
- SOA Individual Assistance - Registration & Eligibility
Please contact Sylvia Heinz, Haines LTRG Coordinator, with any questions:
Office: (907)766-2323 x124
|SBA Private Non Profits 16872-01 AK.pdf||54.51 KB|
|Solidarity Grant Application REV 2 25.pdf||80.64 KB|
|TSA Mortgage Assistance Application (Haines) 2021.pdf||108.42 KB|
|SAILCVCF App Contact Amy.pdf||140.03 KB|
|CIA Assistance-Application.pdf||332.33 KB|