Community Education 2019
Hello, my name is Earleen Lloyd, and I am the new Community Education Director here at the Haines Borough School District. We have lots of exciting new programs and clubs getting started. We are working with and partnering with organizations and individuals to provide expanded programming this season.
- Sunday January 6th, 2019 Open Gym for both Volleyball and Basketball
- Mystery & Mayhem Book Club is starting Cascadia by Buzz Bernard and it is a real gripper from the first page.
- Walkfit is open to walk and the Weight room is available from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- There is still room in Betsy Van Burgh’s Pottery class starting January 14th -February 14th Cost is $200 for 10 classes.
- Michael Bott’s class is $60 for an all day Beginning Drawing Class.
- We still need a teacher for Car Care for the ladies…any one out there willing to do that?
- If you like Chess please show up on Monday at 6:00pm and challenge a few folks to a game or two.
Club fees and Open gym classes are $2 for adults and $1 for High school students. Liability waivers must be signed by everyone using the facility this year.
Class fees vary per teacher. If you would like to rent a room to teach a class, call me to reserve the room best suited to your needs. Class instructors will set their own rates. Call me at 766-6727 leave a message or come see me at the Community Ed Room 123 across from the HS Band Room.
We have need of drawing and painting teachers, beginning yoga, quilting, sewing, Quick books, car care/maintenance, how to set up and use a blog, refinishing furniture, wills, estate planning, dance classes, these can be one day classes or once a week.
We will be starting a Beads & Braids Club if there is interest. I can teach a class on budgeting, debt management and how to improve your credit score if any of you are interested.
If you have any requests for classes or have a skill or hobby you would like to share please give me a call. In any case come on down and say hello, join a club, or learn a new skill. I look forward to meeting you!
There is lots of room at the school let’s have fun this winter! Sincerely, Earleen Lloyd